The Pier Center for Autism was founded out of a desire to deliver compassionate services for individuals with autism in Siouxland. The Pier Center for Autism delivers a comprehensive approach with the focus on the individual, caregivers, siblings and the community. It provides a network of support for the individual with autism while connecting the spans of life.
Our mission is to deliver services using a compassionate and comprehensive approach to help increase positive outcomes for individuals and families living with autism.
Our Guiding Principles
- Services should not stop when the child reaches a certain age.
- Individuals with autism deserve to be treated with compassion and respect.
- Individuals with autism will thrive when provided proper support.
- Self-advocacy should be included in programs.
- Successful programing must include the support system of the individual.
- Services need to be applied consistently to see the greatest results.
- Individuals with autism are capable of showing affection and love.
- Individuals with autism have unique skills and challenges specific to the individual.
- Families should have a safe welcoming environment to discuss their fears, hopes, and dreams.
- Services should be delivered in the best location to ensure the best possible outcomes. Locations will extend beyond the Center to the individual’s home, community and educational environments.
- Proper evaluations are the cornerstone of successful programs.
- Data and evaluations should be used to form service recommendations.