The Siouxland Metro (Includes Woodbury, Union, Dakota, & Dixon Counties)
- 165,000 residents
- In 2005, the average annual medical costs for Medicaid-enrolled children with an ASD were $10,709 per child, which was about six times higher than costs for children without an ASD ($1,812).
- In addition to medical costs, intensive behavioral interventions for children with ASDs cost $40,000 to $60,000 per child per year.
- Nationally autism is thought to cost $137 billion annually
- It is estimated that the per capita lifetime costs of Autism are between $2 and $4 million but that early intensive ABA services, like those conducted by the Pier Center for Autism, can have a lifetime savings of $1.6 million.
Services in Siouxland
- We estimate 2000 individuals in the Siouxland would qualify for an ASD diagnosis. This does not include the family members and friends whose lives are impacted due to ASD.
- The Pier Center for Autism is dedicated to providing access to center-based compassionate care for individuals with ASD and their families.
Siouxland Numbers from www.siouxlandchamber.com
Economic Costs from cdc.gov & autismspeaks.org